8 weeks • 2.5 hours per session
What is the Vital Attachment?
How do you make parenting as easy and natural as possible?
This is a must-experience course and a thorough introduction to the material that follows.
- To provide the conceptual underpinnings to natural intuition
- To restore parents to their rightful place in their children`s lives
- To provide a working model of attachment that is applicable to children of all ages and to bring the dynamic of attachment to consciousness
- To make parenting as easy and natural as possible
- To increase the ability of parents and professionals to think critically with regards to the parenting literature
- To interpret the science of relationship to those most involved with children and bring parenting in line with this science
- To cultivate an appreciation of developmental design and an ability to work in harmony with Nature`s blueprint
- To foster methods of discipline that are attachment-friendly and developmentally safe
- To reveal common parenting practices that are harmful (e.g., time-outs, using what children care about against them, working the incident, using force and coercion, pushing independence) and provide safe alternatives
- To provide a model of professional involvement that does not erode the parent-child relationship
- Dealing with resistance and oppositionality in children
- Addressing the roots of aggression
- Preventing being replaced by competing attachments
- Disciplining in ways that do not divide
- Addressing separation problems and anxieties
- Raising children who are capable of deep and fulfilling relationships
- Dealing with kids who seek to dominate instead of depend on their parents